Friends of Anansi Charter School
Teacher Education Scholarship Fund
The Friends of Anansi Charter School support teacher advancement through education; and therefore set aside an annual fund of $5,000 for the purpose of scholarships for tuition and book fees and/or the participation in the National Board Certification Teacher Program.
Who is eligible?
Full-time employees who have worked for the Anansi Charter School a minimum of one year who are:
- New Mexico certified teachers seeking to earn an education related master’s degree or National Board Certification
- Employees seeking to complete a teacher certification program
- Continue to work at the Anansi Charter school for two years upon completion of the program
- Provide transcript for courses as they are completed
How do you apply for the funds?
- Complete the application form
- Provide the course plan for the program
- Provide a letter of support from Anansi Charter School Director
- Provide acceptance letter into your program
How are the funds disbursed?
- Reimbursement for submitted payment
- Payment request for submitted invoice
What are allowable expenses?
- Tuition and related fees
- Required text books for registered courses
When is the application due?
- March 15 each year of the prior school year
- Review of Applications March 16 – April FACS Meeting
- Scholarship Award Letters: 1 Week after April FACS meeting
- Recipient Acceptance Contract Submittal: June 1
Teacher Advancement through Education Scholarship Fund (Form)
Full Name: _________________________________________
Position at Anansi Charter School: _________________________________________
Educational Plan Option:
- Teacher Certification Program or Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in Education related program
- National Board Certification Program
- National Board Certification & Master’s Degree
Name of University you will be attending: _________________________________________
Program Title (if applicable): _________________________________________
Title of degree earned: _________________________________________
Total cost of the program: _________________________________________
Educational Plan for Completing the Program:
Number of anticipated years to complete the program: ______________________________
Estimated annual cost: ______________________________
(include cost of tuition, required books, and fees, do not include travel expenses or indirect costs)
Include the following with your application:
- Letter of support from Anansi Charter School Director
- Letter of Intent describing your goals and interest in pursuing a degree or certification
- Acceptance letter into selected program (when available)
Submit to: Friends@anansi.acstaos.org
Inquiries should be made to: Anansi Charter School Director