Here are some tips:
- Set a good example! Keep lots of reading material around the house and limit distractions, such as TV and video games.
- Take your child to the library regularly.
- Subscribe to magazines that are of interest to your child, like Sports Illustrated for Kids, Highlights for Children and National Geographic.
- Institute a quiet reading time for the whole family to read independently.;
- Listen to books in the car.
- Read aloud to your children, even if they are fluent readers.
- If your child is going to camp send lots of books along.
- Offer fun places for reading: in a pillow fort, at the pool, at the park, on car trips, in a tent outside - at night - with a flashlight!
Thank you for your support and have a wonderful summer!!
The code for this page was created by graduating seventh graders Samahni Bouchey and Hannah Rane, who studied web design in a school elective class taught by Oban Lambie of Brown Rice Internet.